In an effort to keep our donors and all supporters of Mission of Hope up-to-date on our work in Sierra Leone, I will be preparting a monthly report. Thank you for your continuing prayers, interest and support.
The marketing/fundraising committee has a four pronged approach:
- Continuing with one-on-one surveys
- Holding salon dinners in which a board member or supporter will invite guests over for dinner and tell the Rotifunk
- A youth group district challenge to raise dollars for both youth group and Rotifunk
- Schedule church events such as dinners, lunches, or other meetings to make a presentation
- Camp United Methodist Church in Shallotte held a spaghetti lunch, showed our support video, and collected over $1,500
- Trinity’s pancake breakfast event raised $700
- Please contact Mission of Hope at 910.239.7892 or firstname.lastname@example.org if your church would like to support our mission and schedule an event.
Our brochure is being updated and reprinted. In addition, a case study is being written to use in grant writing and with major donors.
A mission team made up of four board chairs, Reverend Bill Haddock, Richard Morrison, Dr. Sam Spicer, and Donna Hudson, as well as Reverend Christina Turner and Blair Bigham will be on mission to Sierra Leone from November 9th to November 20th of this year.
This team will meet with the Rotifunk Hospital Committee and review progress needs and plans, assist with doing inventory of supplies and improvements to the hospital building. Of course, the overriding purpose is to continue to develop a relationship with the people of Rotifunk and provide hope. We are planning a send-off celebration on October 25th at 6 PM. Save the date and we will send more information later.
A second team is being planned for early 2017 to do medical work.
Work in Rotifunk
Henri Zombil, the new Hospital Administrator for Rotifunk Hospital, arrived in Sierra Leone early in September. He spent time at Methodist Headquarters and visited several hospitals and clinics. He has been in Rotifunk for two weeks assessing the situation and performance of the hospital. Henri tells me he will be submitting a written report soon with recommendations. Henri is a missionary with Global Health and his role in Rotifunk is critical to our success going forward.
The Board has begun an assessment process of our performance to identify areas for needed improvement. We have established several important committees, one of which is a Physician’s Advisory Council. We are now looking for new committee and board members. If you are interested, please contact me.
With your support, we will save mothers and children. You can donate to Mission of Hope here.
Dale Smith, Board Chair