What’s the Need?
The current high priority needs in Rotifunk include:
- Baby delivery kits to safely deliver babies
- Defibrillator on-hand to treat threatening conditions that affect the rhythm of the infant or mother’s heart during delivery
- New born baby packages for mothers in need of the essentials to take care of their babies
- Refrigerator to keep limited medical drugs as long as possible
- Lab manager’s salary to ensure medical supplies, medicine and equipment is kept in a secure place and to track inventory
- Bed side lockers for patients in all three hospital wards
- 20 foot container to keep medicines safely secured
- Hospital’s entire payroll to ensure a fully staffed hospital at all times
- Ambulance to provide transportation for patients and families who live hundreds of miles away and are unable to afford transportation
- 25KV generator to ensure power does not go out during critical surgeries
Once the premier hospital in Sierra Leone, Rotifunk Hospital now struggles to care for the residents of the area with limited resources. Located on 11 acres of land, the hospital has a campus of 12 buildings. The hospital serves 360,000 people in the Moyamba District, where the top health problems are Ebola, TB, malaria, dysentery, and lower respiratory problems.